Let us be aware of victims of violence — where we are and around the world — as we pray that peace may prevail.
Violence against Women
Police Violence against Civilians
Victims of Terrorism worldwide
The Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI) is a programme coordinated by the World Council of Churches founded in response to a call from the local Heads of Churches in Jerusalem that brings internationals to the West Bank. Since 2002, over 1,500 volunteers have come for 3 months to be Ecumenical Accompaniers (EAs).
COSTS OF WAR PROJECT at Brown University (through May 2015)
- Key Findings
- Over 370,000 people have died due to direct war violence, and many more indirectly
- 210,000 civilians have been killed as a result of the fighting at the hands of all parties to the conflict
- 7.6 million — the number of war refugees and displaced persons
- The US federal price tag for the Iraq war is about 4.4 trillion dollars
- The wars have been accompanied by violations of human rights and civil liberties, in the US and abroad
- The wars did not result in inclusive, transparent, and democratic governments in Iraq or Afghanistan